British cycling awards night




Held annually the BCF awards dinner honours the Uks national cycling champions from all disciplines. I got my "Zimmer Master" award for the cruiser title.
For winning you get a free 3 course dinner and blisters on your hands for clapping at all the other award winners!!
Its then a case of listening to the blah blah of the speeches.
Still it was the first time the team award was recognised and as team manager I was proud to get that included.
A number of racers where recognised as well as Jacob Roberts (double champion) Alan Hill, Abie Hill,Sir Lawrence Mapp. Well done guys.
A fella who's daughter was collecting a MTB award asked me what bmx racing was? I explained it was the newest fad only around for 30+ years now.... he then said are the tracks like 4x? I said no "4x tracks are like bmx tracks.Ah well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mike Pardon skateboarding in 1987, Southsea skatepark

Bullcreek Bmx track

the long winter