National Champion then straight to Hospital

Hiya,
well myself and the bmx team i coach travelled to Tredegar,Wales over the weekend to compete in the final round of the national championships. We had considerable sucess with the team taking the title for the 2nd year running. Coppull bmx club winning top club and the north west producing 5 national champs including me.
I competed in the 40+ cruiser and the masters. This being a double point round no one at the top was secure in the standings. The track was fast technical with nice jumps.There was even a pro section which for some unexplainable reason they blocked off for everyone but Elite riders?? How bmx riders are going to improve by being blocked jumping a section i dont know. If your 10 years old and have the skills then let them jump! Ok rant over.
This was first race back after my wrist injury and i had to win the cruiser class to get my title back and place top 3 in Masters to stand on the podium. I made the main in both classes and took the cruiser win comfortably. Next up was masters i was sitting pretty in 3rd when i got squeezed onto the inside into the first berm and took out some cones then washed out myself and fell like a bag of spuds onto tarmac taking a couple of guys out.
So the race for me was over and i ended up 4th overall in Masters and attending casualty with a suspect broken scapula. Looks like the British championships in two weeks wont be happening for me either. Still thats bmx racing.
Congrats to a few of the action sports coaching pupils:
Jacob Roberts took national number 1
Jack Clarke national number 1
Paddy Sharrock national number 1
Well done fellas..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mike Pardon skateboarding in 1987, Southsea skatepark

Bullcreek Bmx track

the long winter