Tour De Wigan



Well myself and (housewives favourite) Tom Boonen competed in the Elswick Vets Road race last Sunday. Tom (aka Ged) won the A category and i held on with the pack. Apologies to the other riders for sitting at the back and not doing my share i did try and live out my tour dreams and make a break, it didnt last long. If you think bmx is aggressive then go and be heckled by roadies its terrifying. This was a real eye opener and solid training for me.

I pressed my speedo at the end and we had averaged 24.5 mph for 50+ miles not bad considering when i ride on my own i might average 18.5 !!

Arriere de peloton Mike

ps sorry theres no action shots but i was to busy trying to get my breath!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mike Pardon skateboarding in 1987, Southsea skatepark

Bullcreek Bmx track

the long winter